Data Analyst, Insights and Analyses
Full-Time | St Clare House | 30 Minories | London, EC3N 1DD, United Kingdom
VIXIO is the leading provider of regulatory intelligence. Our trusted insights and analysis give our clients a true picture of what’s happening in an ever-changing landscape. We combine world-class content with advanced technology to help our clients make informed strategic decisions to mitigate risks, capitalise on business opportunities and find competitive advantage.
Data is critical to any intelligence business and VIXIO is no exception. The VIXIO data product is made up of market forecasting for the gambling industry and market insights and analysis for the US, Europe and LATAM. As an analyst, you will collect, standardize and update the data and translate that into insights that help our customers make decisions around growth initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Updating and maintaining a high volume of written, multi-jurisdictional market analysis reports.
- Taking ownership of VIXIO’s Blocklist Tracker product, including daily checks for updates, coordinating delivery to our clients and promoting the product through sales channels.
- Checking and transferring data submitted by our off-shore data supplier into client-ready, publishable Excel spreadsheets.
- Extensive information mining from foreign language websites – sourcing relevant annual reports, regulatory bulletins, company presentations etc. and determining what’s most important for our customers.
- Developing expertise in specific jurisdictions and topics while maintaining broad gambling industry knowledge and awareness. This is achieved through on the job learning, attending and participating in global events and grow expertise and build industry contacts.
- Producing analysis on gambling trends to meet specific customer requests; scope and validate the project and ensure our content is high quality.
- Collaborating with other products to lend data expertise and create data driven content that supports our regulatory and editorial outputs.
- Continuously offering achievable solutions and improvements to VIXIO’s Data product.
- Maintaining and enhancing our current Excel-based multi-jurisdictional datasets and interactive dashboards.
- Lead on internal reporting and management information to support VIXIO strategic decision making.
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant A-levels and undergraduate degrees including Economics, Maths and English Literature will be considered beneficial.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Strong research capabilities with attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and communicate nuanced data trends in a concise and clear manner through written reports and analysis.
- Analytical and business acumen.
- Ability to spot notable trends and developments in raw jurisdictional or company data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on both small and large-scale projects.
- Data visualisation experience and proficiency (Tableau, InDesign, PowerBI) is considered desirable but not essential.
- A personal interest in the gambling industry is preferred but not essential.
How we strive to behave towards our colleagues and customers:
The ability to change or alter someone’s view, agree a common understanding or starting point and the ability to take others with you to achieve a goal. Build trust, know your stakeholders and what matters to them, be clear about your goals, and inspire confidence. Lead by example and don’t use force.
The ability to lead from the front and to lead from behind. Leading from the front is leading by example and demonstrating the required behaviours, skills, posture that you expect from others. Leading from behind is encouraging and empowering others to be their best, to learn and to grow. Anyone can lead on anything no matter where you sit in the org chart. “Example isn’t another way to teach; it’s the only way to teach.” Einstein
- Intellectual Curiosity
The ability and desire to acquire knowledge, to learn and to better understand something to solve problems, answer questions, and get to the root cause of an issue. This can be done through research, active listening, asking clarifying questions to better understand the customer or stakeholders. Intellectual curiosity is a leading indicator in learning agility.
Feeling pride and ownership around your outputs, how you carry yourself , how you show up at work by managing your workflow, delivering to deadlines and alerting others when an output will be late and ensuring you deliver your best work all the time. You take a critical eye to your own output as well as your peers.
- Growth Mindset
A growth mindset is the belief that you are in control of your own ability, and can learn and improve and is the key to success. This requires you to be proactive in pushing yourself, finding stretch opportunities (this should make you uncomfortable), failing and learning and taking feedback on board that helps you develop and also continue to do what you do best.
- Spirit of Generosity
An openness and willingness to share your time, knowledge and experience to help others succeed. No task is too big, or too small to help out a colleague or client. You go above and beyond every time to be a team player and ensure everyone succeeds.
Benefits and Perks
VIXIO offers a very competitive benefits package:
- We offer 25 days of holiday each year. After 2 years of service, you are rewarded with an additional day of loyalty holiday for each year up to 30 days
- We have a private health insurance scheme
- We offer a life assurance scheme
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work loans are offered
- A day off for your birthday (2 days if it is a big one)
To apply for this role, please email us your most recent CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.