Principal Analyst, Regulatory Research
Full-Time | London, EC3N, United Kingdom
VIXIO is the leading provider of regulatory intelligence. Our trusted insights and analysis give our clients a true picture of what’s happening in an ever-changing landscape. We combine world-class content with advanced technology to help our clients make informed strategic decisions to mitigate risks, capitalize on business opportunities and find competitive advantage.
The Principal Analyst role, as part of the global content function, will focus on building regulatory knowledge through thought leadership, regulatory analysis and insights that support our customers’ compliance needs. It will be the connector between the US and the UK teams, bringing a regional view to the content planning and coverage.
Regulatory Research and Analysis
- Monitor a set of jurisdictions to develop an understanding and expertise of regulatory changes, requirements and specialisms (ie, Responsible Gambling, AML, Data Privacy, Advertising) in the Gambling industry.
- Demonstrate understanding and expertise through updating country/ state level reports and trackers and writing reg alerts which simplifies and clearly articulates the regulatory changes that are most important to our customers.
- Create regular thought leadership and analysis that helps solve our client’s business challenges. These pieces are usually more strategic in nature and provide a macro view of trends and regulatory events set in a broader context.
- Lead on defining regulatory content and coverage and its evolution. Bring ideas for innovation. ● Collaborate cross-products to strengthen the regulatory content, look for synergies and overlap in value and topics.
- Partner with the commercial team to drive support renewals and new business, act as the subject matter expert and connect customer problems to the most relevant content.
- Coach and manage a team of analysts to develop high quality regulatory analysis and insights. ● Set analyst workflow and manage to outcomes; prioritize workload, meet deadlines, quality assurance of all content created.
- Consistently have 1:1s with each team member to ensure high performance; give real time feedback.
- Inspire and coach team members to meet or exceed goals.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of the gambling industry and functions like risk, compliance, legal and regulatory affairs is beneficial but not required
- Law degree required
- Asian languages would be beneficial
- A self starter who will take the initiative and see projects through from start to finish
- Independently lead complex tasks and projects; requires little direction and guidance ● Communicate for impact, both oral and written
- Demonstrate a strong intellectual curiosity and an aptitude for critical thinking; demonstrate a logical thought process to problem solving
- Strong thought leadership and ability to connect content to client problems ● Demonstrate excellent analytical skills – recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions
- Attention to detail
- Strong legal research skills
- Business and commercial acumen
Benefits and Perks
VIXIO offers a very competitive benefits package:
- We offer 25 days of holiday each year. After 2 years of service, you are rewarded with an additional day of loyalty holiday for each year up to 30 days
- We have a private health insurance scheme
- We offer a life assurance scheme
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work loans are offered
- A day off for your birthday (2 days if it is a big one)
To apply for this role, please email us your most recent CV and cover letter at email@example.com.